December 15, 2023
Senior Game Designer
Workplace: Warsaw / Gdańsk / Remotely
QLOC offers first-class services for the video game industry. We love games and we love to co-develop games even more! Our broad range of services include development, art, testing and localization. We offer first-class services for the biggest players in the video game industry – EA, Capcom, Warner Bros., CD PROJEKT RED, Activision and BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment among many others. We work on the biggest gaming platforms, state-of-the-art technologies and games powered by Unreal Engine, or custom engines like Frostbite or REDengine. We have helped enhance and move Devil May Cry, Dark Souls Remastered, Mortal Kombat, Cyberpunk 2077, Gotham Knights (and many more) to new platforms, taking great joy in the process and sharing passion with players around the world.
Our ideal Candidate is passionate about games and their craft and has ambition to be a part of something big. We work in an open-minded, professional, independent, responsible and kind culture where we care about ourselves and our games, so self-motivation, strong drive, and excellent communication skills are a must.
We offer you a key position, true ownership and agency within very prospective project.
As one of the #QLOCdragons you will be responsible for:
- design gameplay features and systems from concept and prototypes to completion
- improve designs based on playtest feedback, game metrics, team input and community feedback
- being the one to set the pace to dev team and processes, taking ownership and caring for both our games and the team morale
- proactively assisting in defining and refining game’s vision and inspire the team during its execution
- ensuring design and player experience excellence – we want your games to be outstanding and super playful!
What do we require of you?
- working experience as gameplay designer on at least 1 commercially shipped and successful game
- experience with camera, movement and/or combat systems design and execution
- deep understanding of current PC/Console games market, its trends and challenges
- being able to discuss with coders and artists as a partner that understands their language, problems and pipeline
- not being afraid to jump into some technical questions and being able to explain tech related design stuff within conversation or a quick mockup instead of making long descriptive docs
- being able to use game engine and dedicated tools to quickly prototype or experiment with current designs
- presenting complex ideas and systems in a simple and cohesive way
- honest, engaged, direct and respectful attitude
- curious mind that strives for improvements and excellence.
It is nice if you have:
- experience with pvpve/coop/extraction/mobile games
- animation/scripting/blueprints savvy.
Give us a shout even if you feel like you don’t check all the boxes but you feel that you can be great in this role, we’d like to meet you!
What can we offer you in return?
- no crunch policy
- work with very strong IPs
- possibility for fully remote work
- English online classes
- relocation assistance
- help and support with handling work and residence permit procedures, if needed.
- Dragothon – a physical challenge and a charity event in one
- free professional mental health support, wellbeing webinars, and podcasts
- shared financing of Multisport card that grants access to multiple sports facilities, available after the trial period
- shared financing of private healthcare in Enel-Med, available after the trial period
- fresh fruit delivery twice a week, massage chair in the Warsaw office, chillout spaces.
We believe in creating equal opportunities for all candidates, regardless of their background. We place a strong emphasis on respecting diversity and promoting integration within our company culture. As a result, we guarantee that every qualified candidate will be given fair consideration.
If you want to read about processing your personal data during recruitment, check out this page: https://q-loc.com/privacy-policy/.