Workplace: Warsaw, Poland
Reference Number: TECHNICAL ARTIST
QLOC S.A. is recognized worldwide as one of the best porting vendors, but we’re more than just a bunch of cross-platform developers. Our team includes over 500 specialists specializing in Development, Quality Assurance and Localization.
Now you can become one of #QLOCdragons as a Technical Artist.
- Collaborating closely with our clients’ artists and engineers to ensure that technical production goals are achieved and no visual fidelity is lost;
- Ability to analyze and assess a given set of existing, vast game project files and after in-depth recognition of rendering and asset preparation pipelines going a step further, proposing a solution beneficial for all teams collaborating;
- Tweaking or optimizing shaders, toolchains, pre-cook preparation and cooking process;
- Finding the solutions to differentiate assets quality for current-gen and next-gen SKUs;
- Taking care of the content creation pipeline in order to find ways to optimize/automate workflow;
- Assessment of existing VFX and destruction systems and pipelines provided by our clients;
- Cooperating with Level Designers and Narrative Designers.
- At least 2+ years of experience in game development as a Technical Artist, technically strong Environment Artist or FX Artist;
- Experience with game polishing and optimization pass;
- Excellent technical skills in Unreal Engine 4 (especially shaders, rendering, cooking);
- Experience and skill in using Unreal Material Editor or any shader language (HLSL/CG/ShaderLab);
- Vast experience and passion for profiling using advanced profiling techniques, not only Unreal but also NVIDIA and AMD;
- Experience with or willingness to learn Houdini, working with areas such as destroy systems, procedural generation and automatic LOD generation;
- Experience or knowledge helpful in providing inhouse plugins for Maya, Max or other 3D graphic tools;
- Basic knowledge of scripting or programming languages helpful in automation, pipeline creation or cooperation with programmers while working on tools;
- Wide knowledge about current game trends and solutions;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience or theoretical knowledge of DX12 RTX and DXR technologies / Vulkan API;
- Experience with squeezing extra results out of low-specs hardware, oldschool computers or bearing the spirit of the demoscene;
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Interesting and dynamic work atmosphere in a professional, experienced team;
- Work with very strong IPs;
- Ability to put an extra brick in gamedev technology evolution, incorporating our findings as new standards in inhouse tools;
- Full-time contract with a competitive salary;
- Flexible working hours;
- Work in a modern office building;
- Shared financing of Multisport card that grants access to multiple sports facilities;
- Shared financing of private healthcare in Enel-Med;
- Polish, English or Japanese classes;
- Fresh fruit and juice delivery, great coffee;
- Contact with the newest digital entertainment technologies;
- Relocation assistance;
- Help and support with handling work and residence permit procedures, if needed;
- Ability to gain work and life balance – staying away from crunch culture.
The position will be based in our office in Warsaw, Poland. Should you be interested and meet our requirements, please send us an e-mail with your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, surname and “TECHNICAL ARTIST” reference code in the e-mail Subject field.
If you want to read about processing your personal data during recruitment, check out this page.