Workplace: Warsaw, Poland
Reference Number: TECHNICAL ARTIST
QLOC S.A. is recognized worldwide as one of the best porting vendors, but we’re more than just a bunch of cross-platform developers. Our team includes over 350 specialists specializing in Development, Quality Assurance and Localization.
Now you can become one of #QLOCdragons as a Technical Artist.
- Collaborating closely with our clients’ artists and engineers to ensure that technical production goals are achieved and no visual fidelity is lost;
- Ability to analyze and assess a given set of existing, vast game project files and after in-depth recognition of rendering and asset preparation pipelines going a step further, proposing a solution beneficial for all teams collaborating;
- Tweaking or optimizing shaders, toolchains, pre-cook preparation and cooking process;
- Finding the solutions to differentiate assets quality for current-gen and next-gen SKUs;
- Taking care of the content creation pipeline in order to find ways to optimize/automate workflow;
- Assessment of existing VFX and destruction systems and pipelines provided by our clients;
- Cooperating with Level Designers and Narrative Designers.
- At least 2+ years of experience in game development as a Technical Artist, technically strong Environment Artist or FX Artist;
- Experience with game polishing and optimization pass;
- Excellent technical skills in Unreal Engine 4 (especially shaders, rendering, cooking);
- Experience and skill in using Unreal Material Editor or any shader language (HLSL/CG/ShaderLab);
- Vast experience and passion for profiling using advanced profiling techniques, not only Unreal but also NVIDIA and AMD;
- Experience with or willingness to learn Houdini, working with areas such as destroy systems, procedural generation and automatic LOD generation;
- Experience or knowledge helpful in providing inhouse plugins for Maya, Max or other 3D graphic tools;
- Basic knowledge of scripting or programming languages helpful in automation, pipeline creation or cooperation with programmers while working on tools;
- Wide knowledge about current game trends and solutions;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience or theoretical knowledge of DX12 RTX and DXR technologies / Vulkan API;
- Experience with squeezing extra results out of low-specs hardware, oldschool computers or bearing the spirit of the demoscene;
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Interesting and dynamic work atmosphere in a professional, experienced team;
- Work with very strong IPs;
- Ability to put an extra brick in gamedev technology evolution, incorporating our findings as new standards in inhouse tools;
- Full-time contract with a competitive salary;
- Flexible working hours;
- Work in a modern office building;
- Shared financing of Multisport card that grants access to multiple sports facilities;
- Shared financing of private healthcare in Enel-Med;
- Polish, English or Japanese classes;
- Fresh fruit and juice delivery, great coffee;
- Contact with the newest digital entertainment technologies;
- Relocation assistance;
- Help and support with handling work and residence permit procedures, if needed;
- Ability to gain work and life balance – staying away from crunch culture.
The position will be based in our office in Warsaw, Poland. Should you be interested and meet our requirements, please send us an e-mail with your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, surname and “TECHNICAL ARTIST” reference code in the e-mail Subject field.
Pursuant to Article 13 par.1 and 2 of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter: “Regulation”), we would like to inform you that:
- The controller of your personal data is QLOC S.A. with its registered office in Warsaw, ul. Krakowiaków 36, 02-255 Warsaw.
- You can contact the data protection officer of QLOC S.A. by electronic mail at the address: email@example.com.
- Your personal data are processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure based on your consent for their processing by QLOC S.A. The legal basis for their processing is Article 6 par. 1 pt. a) of the Regulation.
- The categories of personal data which are processed by QLOC S.A. include: your name, surname, telephone number, e-mail address, residence address, education, background and experience, skills.
- Your personal data will be transferred to the following entities:
- External service providers who provide QLOC S.A. with internal communication and internal data sharing tools,
- External service providers who manage electronic mail communication,
- External service providers who render legal, tax, accounting or audit services to QLOC S.A
- We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
- Your personal data will be stored for three years.
- You are entitled to access your personal data, correct the data, delete them, demand limitation of their processing, transfer the data, bring objection against data processing, withdraw the consent for data processing at any moment, which does not affect compliance of data processing exercised under the consent before its withdrawal.
- All requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Withdrawal of the consent for personal data processing means that the recruitment procedure cannot be conducted.
- You are entitled to lodge a complaint to UODO (Personal Data Protection Office) if you decide that processing of your personal data infringes the provisions of the Regulation.
- Provision of your personal data is voluntary but it is required for you to participate in the recruitment procedure conducted by QLOC S.A. Refusal to give consent for processing of your personal data by QLOC S.A. will prevent your participation in that procedure.
- If you want us to store your CV in our database, you should add the following consent: “I agree for QLOC S.A. to process personal data contained in my recruitment submission for the purpose of recruitment in the future.”