Our #QLOCprojects series is back and this time we’re entering the dystopian future world of Cyberpunk 2077 on Stadia! Let’s see how QLOC supported CD PROJEKT RED’s magnum opus:
- We ported the game from PC to Stadia (from DX12 to Vulkan) in parallel development with CD PROJEKT RED. Our team worked hard to ensure a feature-complete simultaneous release with other platforms in a very strict timeframe.
- We’ve put a lot of work into optimizing the title for Stadia by making sure the game looks as good as possible while maintaining smooth gameplay. It was a close cooperation with Google and their best engineers.
- Our port includes Stadia-tailored performance presets which enable players to prioritize either high framerate or visuals. It was very important for us to make these settings available regardless of subscription type.
- “High Framerate” mode enhances performance at the cost of visual quality, enables 60 FPS gameplay.
- “Visuals” mode prioritizes higher graphical settings, but includes a 30 FPS lock.
- We’ve prepared a special set of icons and lineart for the Stadia controller and the Nintendo Pro controller. The game supports them alongside Sony DualShock 4, Xbox One Controller, and keyboard/mouse setups.
- Our port includes a number of gamer stats – players can track stats such as the number of headshots they’ve scored, or quickhacks they’ve uploaded.
Full list of in-game stats:
- Enemies killed
- Uploaded Quickhacks
- Story Choices made
- Takedowns Made (counts non-lethal takedowns + lethal takedowns)
If you are interested in our contribution to the Cyberpunk 2077 project – stay tuned!