August 11, 2023
Lead Tools Programmer
Workplace: Warsaw / Gdańsk / Remotely
QLOC offers first-class services for the video game industry. We love games and we love to co-develop games even more! Our broad range of services include development, art, testing and localization. Weoffer first-class services for the biggest players in the video game industry – EA, Capcom, Warner Bros., CD PROJEKT RED, Activision and BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment among many others. We work on the biggest gaming platforms, state-of-the-art technologies and games powered by Unreal Engine, or custom engines like Frostbite or REDengine. We have helped enhance and move Devil May Cry, Dark Souls Remastered, Mortal Kombat, Cyberpunk 2077, Gotham Knights (and many more) to new platforms, taking great joy in the process and sharing passion with players around the world.
Do you have some videogame industry experience or maybe you are a veteran looking for a stable and friendly work environment? Would you like to work in a well-developed and streamlined structure, where you know your duties? Want to get some needed work-life balance?
If yes – check our offer!
As one of the #QLOCdragons you will be responsible for:
- leading a small team of tools programmers
- leading by example, spending majority of time on coding related activities
- managing architecture, designing and implementing of new and existing tools
- overseeing creation and development of different pipelines (build, test, content optimization)
- mentoring and guiding less experienced programmers in your domain
- cooperating with Producers, Lead Programmers and other domain Leads.
What do we require of you?
- shipped at least one AA/AAA title as senior tools programmer
- 5+ years of experience in gaming industry with tools focus
- worked on a game targeting PC and/or consoles
- experience with Unreal Engine 4/5 or proprietary 3d engine
- good knowledge of at least one high-productivity language like Python or C#
- solid understanding of 3D math
- experience extending and optimizing content pipelines.
It is nice if you have:
- Unreal Engine 4/5 tools and content pipeline experience
- experience in working with the newest Microsoft and Sony consoles
- experience using or creating plugins for digital content creation tools (3ds Max, Maya, Substance Painter, Houdini)
- experience with test automation, especially in Unreal Engine.
What can we offer you in return?
- no crunch policy
- work with very strong IPs
- training and development budget
- possibility for partly remote work
- Polish, English or Japanese classes
- relocation assistance
- help and support with handling work and residence permit procedures, if needed
- Dragothon- a physical challenge and a charity event in one
- power meetings with physiotherapist organized in our offices
- free and unlimited professional mental health support including webinars, podcasts and online consultation with psychotherapists
- shared financing of Multisport card that grants access to multiple sports facilities
- shared financing of private healthcare in Enel-Med
- fresh fruit and juice delivery twice a week.
We believe in creating equal opportunities for all candidates, regardless of their background. We place a strong emphasis on respecting diversity and promoting integration within our company culture. As a result, we guarantee that every qualified candidate will be given fair consideration.
If you want to read about processing your personal data during recruitment, check out this page: https://q-loc.com/privacy-policy/